Thursday, May 15, 2014

Donuts and Wrestling

Facebook post by Jason:

"Thank you for praying. The last few days have been easier. Still no swallowing. Erin said that she sensed a difference in John's attitude yesterday. He showed more interest in swallowing without getting as frustrated. It seemed like he was drooling less. He sat and licked and chewed on a doughnut for over 2 hours yesterday without getting frustrated. He also "pushed the button" under his chin on his own to try and swallow. We've been encouraged by several friends who have been through similar trials to think of this time as the summer of healing or the summer of adjustment and continue to rejoice in small victories.

This has been the hardest on Joe. He really enjoys when we wrestle and asks me frequently now so I've been trying to make sure I wrestle him even when I'm tired. Wrestling usually is me just holding him down and punching him repeatedly so I'm not really sure what it is about it he likes so much. But it makes him laugh and smile and seems to lighten his mood which makes me and the girls happy too."

No comments:

Post a Comment