Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Reality of Life at Home

Facebook post by Jason:

"My family is really struggling with the reality of a long recovery. I think because we are home with john we subconsciously expected fast progress. Especially how well he has done so far. We are all still grieving in our own way. Joe gets angry at simple things easily and really wants john back. Kelly is constantly angry at her mom. Kate maintains a cheerful smile but I catch her rubbing her eyes. Erin holds it together all day but then cries in the dark at night. I am impatient with our emotions because I want us to be strong and I am irritable because I can't fix it. I am hurting seeing john so desperate for real food that he asks to lick the left overs from our plates. It is so hard to go through this without knowing what the future holds. When we think about the past we are reminded of what we have lost. When we contemplate the future, fear threatens to overwhelm us. To survive we can only give thanks for each day that God gives us. When we are able to live in this moment right now, we can still enjoy life even when it doesn't look like we hoped it would be. Please remember to pray for us. I am desperate for your prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment